 |
| Discovering the Prussian's park |
I did it. The afternoon sun was beating down but I walked to one of the places in my book. I decided to start with a familiar place in my neighborhood. A park! I've been there before, but the tip in the book was that on the weekend there is a "flea market". Those are ever-popular in Berlin and I decided to check it out.
 |
| Sunny days bring people out in droves |
Sunday, or sunny days bring people out in droves. They sit down and soak up the sun. This Sunday was no exception. About a fifty little beach umbrellas dotted the park where women (who I believe were Vietnamese) were selling authentic food. (Which, side note, ended up being the flea market. A little bit of a let-down, but still worth the 5 minute walk from my house.) The smells lingered in the park and mingled with the smell of grass and dirt. As I walked around I caught a delightful scent: the smell of searing meat made my mouth water as the smell drifted on the wind.
People littering the grounds sitting on blankets, mats, or even the ground. You might think you're on the beach with the umbrellas or the women in bikinis, but you in fact are in the heart of the city. I found a little kiosk and bought an ice cream bar as I continued to walk through Prussian park on that sun-beamed-filled afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment